Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
Pro skier Amie Engerbretson, who heads to Val d’Isère, France in the latest Warren Miller film Line of Descent, says good music is the soundtrack of her life in the mountains, no matter where in the world she is. Here’s her playlist for a day on the hill.
Note: From September 18-23, Amie takes over SKI Magazine’s Instagram, be sure to check out how well she skis while you listen to her preferred tunes.
- 1. Future Starts Slow, The Kills – Song for driving to the mountain and getting psyched to ski.
- 2. Cold Little Heart, Michael Kiwanuka – Unwinding song for the drive home after a good day.
- 3. In the Air Tonight, Phil Collins- Song for skiing pow, alone!
- 4. Work, Iggy Azalea- Fav twerking song!
- 5. How Can We Be Lovers, Michael Bolton- Best song to belt out in your car… Alone!
- 6. You For Leaving Me– Best song to get excited to charge!!!