Maybe it's the recession. Or maybe it's the social media craze. Either way, giveaway contests seem to be the way to promote your brand these days. Everyone wants free stuff, right? And we're on board too. Skiing magazine is hosting several different online contests right, which we'll shamelessly promote here. We'll also tell you about a few other cool contests we've found.
1. 60 Days of Giveaways. We're only two weeks into a massive two-month-long promotion to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Warren Miller Films. Sign up every day to win free skis, boots, jackets, lift tickets to resorts, and the grand prize, a four-day trip for two to Snowbird, Utah. You can do it all here: skiingmag.com/60
2. Tell us about a time you got lost. The best essay wins a pair of Motorola Radios (which will hopefully help you out the next time you get lost). Here are more details.
3. In Skiing's November issue, we showcase images from photographer Grant Gunderson, who shot road-accessed backcountry skiing throughout the U.S. But Grant won't tell you where he shot the photos; says he wants to keep the lines untracked. We provide a few clues. Tell us where the three locations he shot are, and enter to win a pair of Wagner Custom skis made just for you. More info here.
4. Write us a letter to the editor. The best letter—the one that makes us cry, laugh, or otherwise react—wins a pair of custom K2/PBR skis. Details here.
5. Powder Highway Ski Bum contest. Submit a YouTube video showcasing your ski bum status. The winner gets three months of road-tripping along Canada's Powder Highway, which includes resorts like Kicking Horse, Fernie, Revelstoke, and more. Find out more here.
6. Sun Peaks Resort in British Columbia is also doing a ski bum contest. The winner gets three months of lift tickets, food, and lodging at Sun Peaks in exchange for social media work. They're calling it the best winter contest ever. You can be the judge of that here.