Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
1. OBERMEYERGirls’ Zen and Boys’ Superpipe Jackets ($140) >> A touch longer at the hemline and armed with 220-gram Permaloft insulation, these ski jackets keep warmth in and moisture out. obermeyer.com
2. OBERMEYERBoys’ Freeride Pants and Girls’ Love Bib ($100) >> These stylish snow pants feature Obermeyer’s iGrow extended-wear system, plus sealed seams for maximum dryness and adorable patterns to maximize on-slope cuteness. obermeyer.com
3. REIBoys’ and Girls’ MST Base Layer (top/bottom, $23 apiece) >> MTS stands for Moisture Transport System—which is all you need to know about the vital layer that’s closest to your kid’s skin. rei.com
4. SMARTWOOLBoys’ Lightning Bolt Hat and Girls’ Warmest Hat ($30–$32) >> With a 100 percent merino-wool lining and an inner fleece band for itch-free warmth. smartwool.com
5. POINT 6Kids Ski Socks ($15) >> The Kids Ski Light (on him) has lighter shin and underfoot cushioning than the Kids Ski Medium (on her). Both are made from merino wool with smooth toe seams and mesh vents. point6.com
6. GORDINIBoys’ and Girls’ Gore-Tex II Mittens ($42) >> Windproof, waterproof, breathable—key for warm, dry hands. gordini.com
7. KEENKalamazoo High Boot ($75) >> This tall boot’s waterproof leather upper, lug sole, and easy-on/off Velcro make it the ideal winter kick. keenfootwear.com