Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
Our friends over at Icelantic are launching their First Tracks program today. It’s a cool way to get involved with like-minded skiers all around the country, and get some great deals. The program starts Thursday October 11. -Ed.
What is First Tracks?
The best description we’ve heard anybody use for explaining First Tracks is by comparing it to “the feeling you get when standing on top of a mountain with a group of your best ski buddies, about to shred some pristine pow.” – Anonymous FT’er 2011-2012
This feeling may be different for every individual, but common are a couple things – It’s freedom, it’s fun, it’s family and it’s not easy to put into words.
First Tracks was born from the same foundation Icelantic came from. When Ben Anderson started Icelantic 7 years ago, he began by calling a couple of his closest, most trusted and talented friends to solicit their help with this dream. One by one, friends, family and community found their role in the building and spreading of the Icelantic Brand. From the highly awarded and anticipated Nomad RKR to Icelantic’s “Winter on the Rocks” to the newsletters you receive in your inbox every so often, nothing at Icelantic is done without the help or inspiration of another. As we continue to evolve and expand, we want to ensure that this powerful element accompanies us on our journey, and that’s how First Tracks came along.
Since our office is only so big, we realized quickly that we can’t bring everybody who wants to be more involved with Icelantic, “In-house”. Plus, if everybody had a dog, like we do in-house, the office would turn into a dog zoo. Not too conducive to running a biz-nass.
In order to address this AWESOME and growing demand of people wanting a closer look into Icelantic and a behind-the-scenes view of the ski-world, we created First Tracks.
Now entering it’s FOURTH year, First Tracks has sprouted legs of its own and evolving into an amazingly revealing and exciting element in the World of Icelantic. Every year, we have doubled in size and I don’t doubt that this will be the case again this year.
This year we’ve invited additional talent to make this the best year yet, we are super stoked for what’s in store for First Tracks 2012-2013.As a very wise man once said, “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts”, meaning that no matter how cool or strong or talented one part is, when united with others, the result is truly something to be marveled… and we couldn’t agree more.
So here is our personal invitation to join us in our journey.We don’t know exactly where we’re going, but we know it’s going to be good – and that there will be lot’s and lot’s of pow and phenomenal people along the way.
What You Get
Last Season First Tracks Membership Sold Out Faster Than Most People Could Even Open Their Email Accounts… and for good reason:
One– This is an extremely limited membership!
Two – The value is like nothing you have ever seen… We will be adding some great surprises for you this year but just to give you a taste of what type of benefits our members receive:
Community… Who doesn’t want more friends to do fun things with in cool places…?
- Invitation to one annual ski adventure (March) invite and one “official” summer gathering (TBD) Private Facebook page – share photos, videos, plan trips, happy-hours, see behind the scenes at Icelantic… Facebook put to very good use!Private First Tracks pre-party prior to the Premier of the Icelantic Movie (November) launchPre first Friday get togethersThis is only a taste…..
- Profile Rolodex of members, broken down regionally so you can stay in touch with other First Trackers
- Local ski guide ambassador access – ski with a local wherever you go! Hell yeah.
Behind the Scenes – A closer look into the World of Icelantic…
- 3 Conference Calls throughout the year on various topics from developing the new ski product line, to picking our new Slogan. Very engaging calls. R&D – Someone needs to test out the new gear…. Call the First Trackers!Occasional “Check-Ins” to see how we’re doing – and how you are Factory tours – scheduled throughout the year – come check out where the magic is made. The ski making process is impressive, to say the lease!
- Exclusive communication from the Icelantic HQ, asking for your opinion on company decisions, brand direction, image, etc… This is a collaborative effort!
- First Look at new ski designs and graphics
Deals – because who doesn’t love a good deal!
- “Pro” Pricing on the 2012-2013 Icelantic Skis, First Degree Boots! – shhhh. Don’t want to make your friends mad… Access to discounts provided by our other awesome partnersFriends & Family pricing on any or Parr’s prints and other artwork
- Discounts on all Icelantic Softgoods/accessories
- Access to promotive.com, one of the most comprehensive sites for outdoor/action sports brands.
For more info click HERE