Name: Jenny Wiegand
Tests Participated in during 2018:
- Indie SKI Test at Loveland, Colo.
- Backcountry SKI Test in Colo.
- All Mountain Utility Boot Test in Colo.
- 5'5", 140 lbs, 30 years old.
Jenny was born in Germany and raised on the ski slopes of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. She raced club-level in college, instructed at Crested Butte and Mt. Buller in Australia. When she's not skiing, she's on a mountain bike or on the rock.
Currently SKI Magazine's content producer. Formerly a ski Instructor at Crested Butte Mountain Resort and Mt. Buller in Australia.
Years of Testing for SKI Magazine
Skiing Style / Foot Shape
- Aggressive skier with a race background that shows–she'd rather be on edge than sliding around on the base of the ski. Short turns are her jam, and she spends most of her time off piste.
- Preferred boots: High-volume, stiff boot (120+ flex) with a forward stance.
Opinions about Fellow Testers
- "Renee Geary rips--wouldn't want to be up against her in the race course. Xanthe Demas shreds and tackles crud like it ain't no thang.