Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
Name: Marina Knight
Tests Participated in during 2018:
- SKI Test at Deer Valley, Utah
- 5’5″, 130 lbs, 41 years old.
Marina grew up in Vermont, skiing at Stratton. After skiing for Williams in college, she moved to Stowe and lived and skied there for 10 years. That’s where she fell back in love with skiing, and exploring the backcountry. Marina moved to Utah three years ago and has found her playground for life in the Wasatch and nearby Uinta mountains. Her hobbies include mountain biking, exploring new music, and I love reading about and looking at art.
Marina is the current Editor in Chief at Ski Racing. She also runs a non-profit called the T2 Foundation, which supports athletes and gives back to youth. In her past life, she was a unicorn.
Years of Testing for SKI Magazine
- “I like to ski with different styles depending on where I am. If I had to define it I’d say I have a dynamic and playful style. The less I think about it, the better.”
Opinions about Fellow Testers
- “Georgie Bremmer is the most beautiful skier on the planet.”
Favorite Gear of 2019
- SKI Test: “The Armada Trace 108 is the most versatile and fun ski I have skied on in the past 5 years. It does everything well and gives back as much as you put in both off-piste and in powdery, western conditions. It hold on hard stuff and is made for the pure joy of skiing. Love, love, love these amazing disco sticks.”