Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
Name: Mary Flynn Ware
Tests Participated in during 2018:
- High Performance Boot Test in Utah.
- 5’9″, 145 lbs, 58 years old.
Mary grew up in the flat farm lands of Indiana and learned to ski in Michigan. She moved to Utah in 1997–”by the grace of God”–and has taught skiing at Park City ever since.
Mary is the Park City Ski & Snowboard School Children’s GM, a PSIA Level 3 instructor and PSIA-Intermountain Children’s Specialist Educator. Previously, Mary was a fitness Instructor/Trainer, Equestrian Instructor and Stable owner. She is the mother of three and loves the outdoors year-round.
Years of Testing for SKI Magazine
Skiing Style / Foot Shape
- “I have a size 9 foot, and pretty average, no challenges other than a larger ankle on my left due to a tib/fib compound fracture.”
Opinions about Fellow Testers
- “Ben in no way is shy! I’m sure of that and he is always fun!”
- “Matt Schiller rocks. I’ve know Matt since I started at PC, and he’s always given me good advice, from running the Colorado river to which skis I’ll like best.”
Favorite Gear of 2019
- High Performance Boot Test: Atomic Redster Club Sport 110 LC