Name: Michael Rogan
Tests Participated in during 2018:
- SKI Test at Deer Valley, Utah
- 5'11", 190 lbs, 50 years old.
- Heavenly Ski Resort in Winter, Ski Portillo in the Summer.
Michael started out in Rhinebeck, N.Y., then Catamount, N.Y., before moving west to split his time between South Lake Tahoe, Calif., and Portillo, Chile.
Michael is the Operations Manager at Ski Portillo in Chile, PSIA Alpine Team Coach, Director of Instruction for SKI Magazine, Former Technique and Fundamental Skills coach for the US Ski Team, and is a Special Project/Camp Coach for the US Ski Team.
Years of Testing for SKI Magazine
- Every one since 1998 (20).
- "I like to side on accuracy, precision and athletic."
Opinions about Fellow Testers
- "It is a very humble group that take the job as a tester very seriously. We know that we are testing skis for the readership and that fact never gets lost. The job is very demanding both physically and mentally. Robin Barnes is pretty cute (Ed's note: Michael and Robin are a couple). Stephanie Humes knows her shit when it comes to hardgoods. Todd Casey is one of the nicest guys in the world. Mark Elling knows how to have fun. Bob Gleason is a sage in the ski industry. The testers are pros that have your best interests in mind.....or they don't last as a tester."