Name: Tracy Gibbons
Tests Participated in during 2018:
- SKI Test at Deer Valley, Utah
- 5'4", 136 lbs, 51 years old.
- Crystal Mountain, Wash.
Tracy was born and raised in Bellevue, Washington, and has skied at Crystal Mountain since age 2. Skiing is her passion and she has built her life around it. Tracy grew up racing for Crystal Mountain Alpine Club, then raced on the U.S. Ski Team and finished her ski racing career at Seattle University. She has very hard to fit feet and thus has always taken an interest in boots and boot fitting. Having had the opportunity to ski all around the world in a variety of conditions (on a variety of skis), she knows how to discern the differences in skis and why certain skiers will be drawn to certain models. She grew up on the lake and loves waterskiing, wakeboarding, and wakesurfing. She and her husband have a 15 year old daughter and 19 year old son who are both amazing skiers and love water sports, too.
This winter will mark Tracy's 36th year with Sturtevant's. Over the years she has done everything from mounting and tuning to sales and ownership. She is currently the President of Sturtevant's in Bellevue, Wash. Tracy has been a hardgoods buyer for over 20 years, as well as part of company "product test team." She graduated from Seattle University with a degree in Business Administration and Marketing.
Years of Testing for SKI Magazine
- 8 years with SKI/Skiing; 20 years for Sturtevant's.
- Tracy is an ex-racer who still really loves her edges. With that being said, the Pacific Northwest has quite the variety of snow and terrain, and she enjoys skiing the whole mountain–especially on a powder day.
Opinions about Fellow Testers
- "All of these gals are amazing skiers, and they all put on their 'tester' mode. Everyone is really driven to give feedback to help customers choose the best products for their needs."
Favorite Gear of 2019
- SKI Test: Blizzard Black Pearl 88. "This ski continues to be best in class, and appeals to so many skiers."