February 6, 2006
Boulder, CO. (Ski Magazine Press Release)—
Magazine, the magazine of the ski life, named Nestor’s Warming Hut Ski Shop of Whitehall, PA, the National Ski Shop of the Year. The honor was bestowed at an SIA awards party celebrating the seventh annual
Magazine Gold Medal Ski Shops program, which selects North America’s 60 top ski shops.
“Specialty retailers, like Nestor’s Warming Hut, are a skier’s local connection to the slopes, said Joe Cutts, Deputy Editor of SKI. “They are vital sources of information on equipment and new trends, and more than that, they can be almost a second home for diehard skiers who just want to hang out and soak up the vibe.
Regional Shops of the Year were also announced. They are:
– Rockies Shop of the Year: The Boot Doctors — Telluride, CO
– Far West Shop of the Year: Sturtevant’s Sports — Bellevue, Washington
– Midwest Shop of the Year: Joe’s Sporting Goods-Ski Shop — St. Paul, MN
– New England Shop of the Year: Aspen East Ski Shop — Killington, VT
– East Shop of the Year: The Ski Barn & Bike Shop — Totowa, NJ
The winning shops were selected from 1,500 ski shops in North America by a panel of industry experts including manufacturers, product managers, and SKI editors. Shops are rated in six categories: staff expertise; selection; price and value; backshop and tuning; bootfitting and innovative programs. Click on the related links below for a full list of America’s 60 Top Shops.