Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
The Freeride World Tour is perhaps the last great skiing competition untainted by FIS rules. Hence we’re super excited to see a true freeride event that does not require archaic turn radius standards or a standardized park line that confines and limits creativity.
The upcoming schedule for 2019 includes some classic venues, such as Bec de Rosses in Verbier, and a return to the incredible terrain of Kicking Horse in British Columbia. Considering it’s the only stop in North America, you better believe it has some phenomenal steeps.
- Hakuba, Japan – January 19-26, 2019
- Kicking Horse / Golden, BC, Canada – February 2-8, 2019
- Fieberbrunn, Austria – February 22-28, 2019
- Vallnord-Arcalís, Andorra – March 2-8, 2019
- Verbier, Switzerland – March 23-31, 2019
All locations and dates are subject to change.
For more info on these events and qualifiers, check out the FWT website.