Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT 21 YEARS OR OLDER. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH UNITED STATES LAW.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR
“Mount Gay® Rum Après Ski Sweepstakes”
SPONSORED BY RÉMY COINTREAU USA, INC. and SKI MAGAZINE and RAMP
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
The sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period opens on November 1, 2014, at 12:00:01 am/EST and will close on January 31, 2015, at 11:59:59 pm/EST (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). The computer clock on Co-Sponsors’ webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
- 1. CO-SPONSORS
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Rémy Cointreau USA, Inc., with an address of 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104, and Ski Magazine, with an address of 300 North Continental Boulevard, #650, El Segundo, CA 90245, and RAMP, with an address of 6407 Business Park Loop Road, Park City, UT 84098 (the “Co-Sponsors”).
- 2. ELIGIBILITY
The Sweepstakes is open to legal and current residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of November 1, 2014. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law.
Employees, officers, and directors of the Co-Sponsors, their parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the agents and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and any other entity that develops, produces, or distributes materials for or related to this Sweepstakes, and the immediate family members or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER
- 4. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER
One (1) presumptive winner will be drawn at random at the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
The presumptive winner will be notified by e-mail on or about February 10, 2015. The presumptive winner will be required to respond to the winner notification by e-mail, mail, or phone within five (5) days and, in such response, must provide his/her full name, residential mailing address, daytime telephone number, date of birth, and social security number to receive the prize. The presumptive winner will also be required to sign and return within five (5) days of receipt an affidavit of eligibility and winner liability/ publicity release before receiving the prize. The failure to respond timely and completely to the winner notification may result in forfeiture of the prize, and the Co-Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may select an alternative winner. If an e-mail notification is returned as undeliverable, the Co-Sponsors will attempt to re-send that e-mail three (3) times. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) days of the transmission of the final e-mail notification, or should the e-mail, after three (3) attempts, be returned as undeliverable, an alternative winner will be selected.
- 5. GRAND PRIZE
One (1) presumptive winner will be awarded a Grand Prize comprised of the following:
A trip for two (2) to Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, including:
- Two (2) Coach Roundtrip Airline Tickets from the major commercial airport located closest to winner’s legal United States residence to Salt Lake City International Airport. (Airfare total cost for winner and winner’s guest shall not exceed Three Thousand Dollars (USD $3,000)).
Two (2) Snowcat Skiing tickets for winner and winner’s guest.
Two (2) First Tracks tickets for winner and winner’s guest.
A visit and tour of the RAMP Skis factory for the winner and his/her one (1) guest.
One (1) pair of RAMP skis for the winner and one (1) pair of RAMP skis for the winner’s guest.
The trip must be taken during March 2015.
- Three (3) days, three (3) nights’ accommodation (one (1) standard double occupancy room) at a hotel or condo in Deer Valley in Park City, Utah.
- Ground transportation for two (2) between the Salt Lake City International Airport and the hotel or condo.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner for winner and winner’s guest each day during the three (3) day stay. (Total cost for these meals shall not exceed One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500)).
- Two (2) daily lift tickets for the three (3) day stay.
- Ski rentals for two (2) for the three (3) day stay.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Eleven Thousand Two Hundred Eighty-Four Dollars (USD $11,284). No transfer or substitution of the prize by the winner shall be allowed. The prize may not be redeemed for cash, and there is no cash value. The prize is nonchangeable once redeemed. The prize cannot be used in conjunction or combined with any other competition or offer. The Co-Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prize and/or any portion thereof for one of equal or greater value for any reason at its sole discretion. All travel must be completed during March 2015. Winner and guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of travel.
Co-Sponsors reserve the right to cancel this Sweepstakes or modify the Grand Prize or Official Rules with immediate effect at any time prior to the closing date of the Sweepstakes, by advertising that fact on www.skinet.com/ski/mountgay or by disseminating such information via email.
Grand Prize Restrictions
All expenses not specified, including, but not limited to incidental expenses, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, services charges or facility charges, ground transportation, taxes, and meals, in-room charges, (e.g. mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and, if so required, may be payable at the time of ticket issuance. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Please take note of the following restrictions and be advised that additional travel restrictions may apply to Grand Prize:
- Travel must take place during March 2015.
- Travel must be arranged and confirmed through designee of Co-Sponsors no later than February 18, 2015. Tickets will be issued no later than ten (10) days prior to travel. Lost, stolen, or mutilated tickets cannot be replaced. If winner cannot travel during the time period set forth above, an alternate winner will be selected.
- Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Co-Sponsors’ airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract.
- Hotel stay is subject to availability and black out dates.
- The Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on the same flight and on the same date(s), from the same place of origin and to the same destination. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for transportation to and from the airport in winner’s United States city of legal residence. The Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining all required travel documents including without limitation, passports and, if required, visas, for international travel.
- The number of airline seats and hotel rooms available for use with this prize is limited, and is subject to inventory availability, which may be limited at certain times due to peak travel periods and special events.
- Expenses not specified herein as being accounted for by Co-Sponsors are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The prize package does not include meals, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, or incidental charges, unless specifically stated above.
- No frequent flyer mileage program will award miles for travel taken associated with this Sweepstakes.
- All expenses not specified are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guest and, if so required, may be payable at the time of award. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability.
- 6. CONDITIONS
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Co-Sponsors, which shall be final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. All federal, state, and local laws apply. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The Co-Sponsors, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or unintelligible entries, telephone system or computer malfunctions, lost connections or transmission errors; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize or from participating in the Sweepstakes; or (iii) any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in any material associated with the Sweepstakes. Co-Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem or other causes beyond the Co-Sponsors’ control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. The Co-Sponsors may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, the Co-Sponsors determine that you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Co-Sponsors’ representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF SUCH PARTICIPANT, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CO-SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Co-Sponsors shall be final and binding.
- All entries and the information contained in such entries will become the Co-Sponsors’ property and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Acceptance of a prize will constitute permission for the Co-Sponsors to use the names, cities, states, likenesses, and voices of the winner for advertising and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- 7. LIMIT OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
A) ALL ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE CO-SPONSORS, THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AGENCIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, EXPENSES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM ENTRANT PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DRAWING, THE USE OF THE PRIZE, ANY DELAYED, LOST, MISDIRECTED, OR DAMAGED ENTRIES, OR ANY COMPUTER, ONLINE SERVICE, COMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS THAT MAY OCCUR.
B) ALL ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CO-SPONSORS, THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AGENCIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY NATURE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZE, WHETHER REGARDING FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, DESCRIPTION OR NATURE OF THE PRIZE OR OTHERWISE. ALL ENTRANTS, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE RULES.
- 8. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Co-Sponsors reserve the right to take such action as they deem necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation barring entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate federal, state, and local courts located in New York for any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded.
- 9. RULES/WINNERS LIST:
For additional information regarding the Official Rules or to obtain a winners list, available after February 24, 2015, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Mount Gay® Rum Après Ski Sweepstakes, c/o Rémy Cointreau USA, Inc., 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104. Please specify Rules, Winners List or other reason for inquiry. Vermont and Washington residents may make this request without a self-addressed stamped envelope.