Jackson Lebsack, of Bozeman, Mont., is arguably the luckiest skier of 2019. Lebsack, who clinched Ski.com’s Epic Dream Job position back in October, just kicked off a two month assignment traveling the world to ski and document his journey. The 20-year-old professional videographer and photographer is already checking destinations off his “to-do” list, too. The first stop, Stowe, Vt., in this 18-destination tour de world just wrapped up.
On Friday, January 4, Lebsack and Ski.com’s CMO, Dan Sherman, arrived in Burlington via United Airlines, and set out to experience and capture the best of Stowe Mountain Resort and the idyllic town of Stowe.
Here are the highlights in chronological order, according to Lebsack:
- Skiing and filming on Stowe Mountain Resort after a snow storm
- Snapping classic shots of the Mt. Mansfield Gondola
- Strolling around Stowe’s charming New England streets
- Tasting Vermont cheddar cheese. So good!
- Taking photos of Sherman sampling local suds at Alchemist brewery
- Nabbing killer aerial photos and videos of the town of Stowe and the surrounding countryside
- Visiting Ben and Jerry’s factory in Waterbury, Vt.
“Stowe gave me such a warm welcome, which makes me even more excited to embark on this journey chasing snow and visiting some of the world’s best ski destinations available on the Epic Pass,” says Lebsack.
The journey continues over the pond. The duo flew to Milan, Italy on Sunday via United, rented a car and drove to Stop 2, Madonna di Campiglio, in the Italian Dolomites. In total, Lebsack will travel to seven countries and 18 destinations in Europe, Japan, Canada and the United States.
To see what Jackson is up to Italy and follow all of his world travels on Instagram @skicom or @jacksonlebsack, and on Ski.com’s Facebook page. You can also keep up with his travels in realtime on Ski.com’s website.