While we are all shaking our heads in disbelief that March is here already (where does the time go?), the reality that ski season is rapidly coming to an end is a bitter pill to swallow. Soon, long gone will be the days of racing to the mountain after an epic snow, and we’ll be trading down jackets and helmets for bathing suits and baseball caps.
So now is the time to enjoy that wonderful time of year known as spring skiing. March is one of the snowiest months, and, as an added bonus, it also offers warmer, sunnier temperatures. Spring always seems to bring out the party in everyone—no longer do we have to huddle in the lodge away from the frigid wind. Lodge decks turn into the place to be between runs, with various events and live music. To help inspire you, ski.com just came out with their list of the top five best places to check out for spring skiing. Don’t forget to pack the sunscreen.
1. Vail's huge end-of-the-season bash features on-snow events, street parties, the World Pond Skimming Championships and free concerts from artists including Guster, Wyclef Jean and the Robert Earl Keen Band.
2. In its 10th year, the Breckenridge Spring Massive event delivers concerts, competitions, nightlife, exhibitions, jams, film shoots, family activities and more.
3. The fifth annual Mountain Festival weekend kicks off with Grace Potter and the Nocturnal headlining a free concert. Then visitors will enjoy the Marmot Coombs Classic and after party.
4. The 10th annual Bud Light Spring Jam includes two weekends of new-school competitions, downtown concert and parties. Visitors will enjoy big air competitions, live music from Vampire Weekend and the Greyboy Allstars and more.
5. The defining celebration of Whistler is the TELUS World Ski and Snowboard Festival— a 10-day (and night) showcase of the latest progressions in the skiing and snowboarding world, where even the arts events are packed full of adrenaline. Guests enjoy Canada's largest free outdoor concert series with career making showdowns of action sports and lifestyle fashion, photography and film, and serious nightlife.