Not surprisingly, summertime at Vail is packed with all kinds of activities thanks largely to the new Epic Discovery experience, an all-inclusive summer adventure pass for the whole family. If you can imagine it, you can probably do it at Vail.
Summer Dates: June 1-Sept. 7
Hot Ticket: GoPro Mountain Games, June 7-10—Feeling like an outdoor superhero? This one’s for you. Athletes compete in 11 sports and 27 disciplines throughout the weekend—all for a combined $120,000 in prize money. Not competing? There’s plenty for spectators to do, from a full slate of live music to art displays and photo competitions to kids games and activities.
Choose Your Own Adventure:
• Get an Epic Discovery pass and get access to all of the attractions: a bungee trampoline, adventure ropes courses, mini golf, climbing tower, Nature Discovery Center, summer tubing, and mountain coaster.
• For great Vail Valley views, ride the gondola from the base to the summit 10,350 feet.
• Better yet, thrill seekers can fly over the valley via zip line tour—seven connected lines and aerial bridges.
• Hiking is plentiful for all ability levels, accessible by gondola or from the base. On guided tours, many of them free, guests can learn about the natural ecology of the Vail areas and spot wildlife.
• Mountain bikers will rejoice at the extensive trail network—miles of scenic trails are open to riders of all levels by riding the gondola, chairlift or ascending from the base.
• Get out on the water with some fly fishing, river rafting, or kayaking, all accessible near the resort on Gore Creek and the Eagle, Colorado, and Arkansas rivers.
• Choose your tee time at the Vail Golf Club’s 18-hole course.
More Details: vail.com