Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
Heavenly Mountain Resort, as part of Vail Resorts’ new Epic Discovery, has revamped its summer offerings to serve up the biggest and most exciting range of activities around Lake Tahoe.
Summer Dates: June 21-close.
Hot Ticket: Tahoe Brewfest, June 1, 2019. Celebrating mountain culture through beers, crafts, the environment and the community. Beer lovers from across the globe will flock to enjoy a day of brews at Heavenly’s California Lodge.
Choose Your Own Adventure:
• The mountain features an alpine coaster with some unbeatable views, sending riders swerving around rocks and trees, with the deep-blue lake visible in the distance.
• More adrenaline-fueled options: Try the Red Tail Flyer, Hot Shot, and Blue Streak Zip Lines, each equipped with varying levels of height-to-speed ratios but equal amounts of scenic beauty.
• A 500-foot, snow-free summer tubing course offers laughs and thrills for guests of all ages.
• The less adventurous, although equally picturesque, way up and down the mountain is by 2.4-mile gondola ride.
• Visitors can test their luck at gemstone panning in Heavenly’s natural rivers, and are encouraged to keep what they find.
• At the base, there are rope courses and granite climbing walls available for fearless climbers of all ages.
• Explore the whole mountain via hiking trails or even by ATV tour at 9,000 feet.
• There’s truly something for everyone and every level of activity: the Epic Discovery Adventure Pass allows for all-inclusive options or the ability to pick and choose from activities as you desire.