Killington is packed with activity all winter, so it’s no surprise that summer delivers the same energy. The central Vermont resort invested $5 million into its summer attractions and programming in 2016, and visitors are still amped up. Whatever you like to do, the Beast of the East has something for you.
Summer Dates: May 25-Oct. 15
Hot Ticket: Killington Wine Festival, July 19-21, 2019. The chance to sample over 500 wines from 40 worldwide vineyards has turned this event into one of the resort’s signature summer soirees. There’s also food pairings, and wine dinners—and a golf-and-wine tournament for the multitaskers among us.
Choose Your Own Adventure:
• The Snowshed Adventure Center will keep you and yours busy for hours with bungee trampoline, ninja obstacle challenge, mazes, and more.
• Feeling adventurous? Take on the 30-foot bungee-assisted freefall tower, a 42-foot obstacle ropes course, or a dual zip line racer.
• Board the Soaring Eagle, a two-person, chairlift-style ride that sends you flying 100 feet above the resort at 30 mph.
• The Beast Mountain Coaster, a 4,800-foot adrenaline-packed cruise to the base, leaves riders breathless.
• Paddle around in a kayak at the Snowshed Pond, which stays fresh with mountain run-off throughout the hot summer months.
• From the base area, miles of all-level hiking trails are accessible to take trekkers on a boot-on-the-ground tour of the iconic mountain.
• Three high-speed lifts grant access to over 30 miles of downhill mountain biking trails in the Killington Bike Park, with beginner, intermediate, expert, and freestyle terrain available.
• The resort’s golf club is open to the public from the end of May through October, with unique mountain scenes fully enriching the experience.