Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+ Sign up for Outside+ today.
Northstar’s welcoming resort atmosphere is perfect for summer family retreats. The mountain’s secluded location keeps guests insulated from Lake Tahoe’s summer bustle, while still providing the best of what the Sierras have to offer.
Summer Dates: May 25-Sept. 22.
Prepare to be wowed: Enduro World Series, Aug. 24-25, 2019. Watch racers speed down the mountain, powering over obstacles, and launching jumps at this world-class enduro event. Pros and amateurs alike can enter and test their mettle against the course.
Event of the Season: Beerfest and Bluegrass Festival, July 6, 2019. The Village at Northstar comes to life with the live twangs of bluegrass bands, plus brews and craft sodas from over 30 regional and local breweries. New this year: A beer run and mountaintop yoga.
Choose Your Own Adventure:
• Hiking is free and plentiful on the mountain; trekkers can depart from the base or take the lift up to access an array of easy to advanced hikes.
• The resort’s lift-serviced bike park is the largest in Northern California, featuring 33 trails of mixed terrain for all ranges of ability levels. The lake and valley views from the extensive trail network are not to be missed.
• Down at the base, the Kid Zone rules the scene. Families will want to take advantage of the wide range of attractions, including a climbing wall, bungee trampoline, roller-skating rink, miniature golf course, gem-panning course, and Spider Climb structure. While the kids play, live music entertains every Friday through Sunday.
• Adults can wind down after a tiring day with yoga, spa sessions, or a round of golf.
• Northstar’s panoramic 72-par golf course is parallel to none in the area; golfers will experience the top-notch course under the shade of California pines and the towering mountainside.