Winter Park offers a nearby mountain escape from Denver’s sweltering summer heat. Although the town and its surroundings offer plenty of off-season fun in itself, Winter Park Resort keeps its world-class operation pumping to provide for guests all summer long.
Summer Dates: June 15-close.
Hot Ticket: Village Uncorked, July 6, 2019. This homegrown wine, cheese, and arts fest takes over the resort village after Independence Day for a celebration of local artisans and craftsmen and craftswomen. Samples of over 40 wines and delicious cheeses sweeten the deal.
Winter Park Jazz Festival, July 20-21. The 37th installment of the Winter Park Jazz Festival features a world-class, Grammy nominated lineup including Boyz II Men and Day Koz and Friends Summer Horns Tour featuring Gerald Albright, Kenny Lattimore and more.
Choose Your Own Adventure:
• WP is one of the state’s mountain biking meccas. Over 600 miles of mountain bike trails extend around the resort and surrounding areas, offering prime riding of both the downhill and cross-country variety. Trestle Bike Park is Colorado's premier downhill mountain bike park, with over 45 lift-accessed trails complete with jumps, berms and technical options. First-timers can get their wheels under them on gentle green trails at the bottom of the bike park.
• Families with kids will want to spend time at the base, packed with a climbing wall, putting course, bouncy house, maze, bungee, mineral panning course, and 3,000-foot alpine slide (accessed by riding up the face of the mountain via lift.)• Hiking is free—all trails are accessed from the base and give visitors the opportunity to truly hike the whole mountain.
• Scenic lift rides drop folks at 10,700 feet, showing off the majestic beauty of the Colorado Rockies.
• A 20-hole disc golf course meanders up the lower slopes, accessed via the Arrow Chairlift.
• Whitewater rafting, world-class fishing, zip lines, horseback riding, and ATV tours are plentiful in the area and operate right outside the resort.
More details: winterparkresort.com