April 4, 2006
Vail, CO - (News Release) - As Colorado skiers and snowboarders enjoy these final weeks of record-setting snowfall this ski season, they can get a jump on next season by purchasing a 2006-2007 Colorado Pass or Buddy Pass this spring with a $29 deposit now. Vail Resorts is offering the popular five-mountain Colorado Pass for $379 and the three-mountain Buddy Pass for $349 for adults from April 5-May 14, 2006. Those who purchase a Colorado Pass this spring will receive the new added benefit of skiing and riding free at Vail and Beaver Creek in April 2007.
"We're providing all kinds of incentives for skiers and riders to lock in their 2006-2007 Colorado Pass this spring, including the guaranteed lowest price and unlimited skiing next April at Vail and Beaver Creek. The Colorado Pass is the pass that more Colorado skiers and snowboarders own than any other and now is the best time get one with just a $29 deposit down." said Chris Jarnot, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Vail Resorts.
The 2006-2007 Colorado Pass will offer unlimited skiing and snowboarding at Keystone, Breckenridge and Arapahoe Basin, and 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek, plus unlimited skiing at Vail and Beaver Creek in April 2007 for those who buy this spring. The Colorado Pass will be restricted at Vail and Beaver Creek Nov. 24-25, 2006, Dec. 27-31, 2006 and Feb. 17-18, 2007. A child's Colorado Pass, for children 5-12, is $159 and the teen Colorado Pass, for those 13-18, is $279. Ages for children's and teen passes are determined as of the date of purchase.
Several incentives are offered to skiers and snowboarders who purchase a 2006-2007 Colorado or Buddy Pass this spring as opposed to next fall:
· Buy now, pay later. Skiers and snowboarders who purchase their passes this spring have the option of paying in two installments: A $29 down payment by credit card is due now, and the balance automatically charged to their card in September 2006.
· Guaranteed lowest pass price. Regardless of pass prices next fall, those who make the $29 down payment on a pass this spring will be guaranteed the lowest price.
· Four $40 lift tickets for friends or family with purchase of Colorado Pass. Each skier or snowboarder who purchases a Colorado Pass this spring will receive four $40 lift tickets that can be used anytime throughout the season, with no restrictions at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone or Arapahoe Basin.
· Unlimited free skiing at Vail and Beaver Creek in April 2007 with purchase of Colorado Pass. Each skier or snowboarder who purchases a Colorado Pass this spring will have unlimited free skiing and riding in Vail and Beaver Creek during the month of April 2007.
· Complimentary subscription to Skiing Magazine with purchase of Colorado Pass. A complimentary one-year subscription to Skiing Magazine will be given to those who purchase a Colorado Pass this spring (one subscription per household).
· VIP early access to Colorado Ski & Golf's Ski Rex Sale with purchase of Colorado Pass. Skiers and snowboarders who purchase their passes this spring will get a VIP invite to visit Colorado Ski & Golf's enormous Labor Day Weekend, ski and snowboard apparel equipment "Ski Rex Sale" the day prior to its public opening.
Current pass holders can renew online at www.coloradopass.com beginning April 5, 2006. New pass holders can purchase Colorado or Buddy Passes, Fridays-Sundays, April 14-May 14, 2006, at the following locations: Colorado Ski & Golf locations in Arvada, Aurora, Littleton and Colorado Springs; REI locations in downtown Denver and Fort Collins; and Boulder Ski Deals.