(SUN VALLEY, Idaho)
– Sun Valley Resort is offering a one-of-a-kind Lift Ticket Exchange Program, allowing guests to redeem multi-day (3-day or more) adult lift tickets for other activities at the resort. After purchase of the multiple-day package, ticket may be redeemed for many activities, including:
• Nordic package;
• Snowshoe rental and lunch at historic Trail Creek Cabin;
• Group ski or snowboard clinic on Dollar or Bald Mountain;
• Ice skating package with lunch at Gretchen's Restaurant in the Sun Valley Lodge;
• Dinner or Sunday brunch in the Lodge Dining Room;
• Lift ride and lunch at the historic Roundhouse Restaurant;
• Dinner and entertainment package No. 1: Dinner for one at the Ram Restaurant and a movie at the Sun Valley Opera House, all located in the Sun Valley Village.
• Dinner and entertainment package No. 2: Dinner for two at Bald Mountain Pizza & Pasta located in the Sun Valley Village and a movie for two at the Sun Valley Opera House.
• Half-hour massage at the Sun Valley Salon & Day Spa located in the Sun Valley Lodge; or
• Gifts: A Sun Valley musical snow globe, a vintage Sun Valley porcelain platter or a hand painted, numbered edition Christmas ornament.
"We are blessed with a countless combination of amenities here at Sun Valley Resort and pleased to offer our guests this one-of-a-kind program," says General Manager Wallace Huffman. "Whether they come for the skiing and stay on the mountain the entire time or want to sample our other offerings, guests of Sun Valley are never without many wonderful options."
Not only was Sun Valley Resort's outdoor, year-round ice rink named a Top 10 Rink in the United States, but the resort was also recently honored as one of the country's "Top 10 Resort" by SKI Magazine and a "Top 20 Family Ski Resort" by familyskiresorts.net.
Top family resorts were chosen based upon family atmosphere, childrens' programs, lodging variety, ease of transportation and variety of skiing terrain. With 65 runs and 3,400 vertical feet top to bottom, Bald Mountain – or "Baldy" as it's affectionately referred to – offers all the challenge any skier could want, while Dollar Mountain caters primarily to beginner and lower intermediate skiers as well as a tubing hill.
Adding to the family-friendly atmosphere at Sun Valley, offers a "Kids Stay and Ski Free" program. Good through Jan. 28 and March 2 through the end of 2008 season a maximum of one child (15 years old and under) per parent is allowed to stay for free in the same room as the parents who are skiing and staying in a Sun Valley Company hotel or condominium. This offer is limited to two free children per hotel room or condominium unit.
In addition to the introduction of high-speed quads that whisk skiers to Bald Mountain's 9,150-foot summit, Sun Valley Resort prepares to enhance its four-season top-of-the-bell-curve amenities in 2008 with the first nine holes of a new, 18-hole championship golf course – to accompany an acclaimed 18-hole course at the resort with the second nine scheduled to come online in 2009 – an elegant, outdoor Symphony Pavilion which dovetails with the thriving arts scene at Sun Valley, and a state-of-the-art, 58,756-square-foot golf clubhouse and Nordic Center.
In order to help skiers enjoy Baldy and Dollar Mountain, Sun Valley Resort offers stay-and-ski packages at incredible prices. The "Midweek Madness" special is $105 per person, based on double occupancy and includes one night's lodging for two in the same room at the Sun Valley Resort and one day lift ticket for each person. The price is $175 for single occupancy.
Other activities at Sun Valley Resort include: Tennis, miles of hiking/bikingg trails, horseback riding, outdoor heated pools, four-season outdoor ice skating, bowling alley, game room, a gun club and much more.
For additional packages or more information about Sun Valley Resort, call 800-894-9941 or visit