This week, the Faction Collective announced that it will be releasing its third feature-length ski movie. Called “Roots,” the film will focus on how the current generation of freeskiers on the Faction Collective team perceive the history and foundations of the sport. While the athlete roster has not been announced, the teaser certainly guarantees some incredible skiing in the Dolomites, Verbier, and Ruka, Finland.
The film follows two already-classic films from Faction, including “This is Home” and “The Collective,” which have been watched 1.5 million times on YouTube. Like both of those films, “Roots” is produced in conjunction with Red Bull Media House and directed by Etienne Mérel.
Faction also announced a Global screening tour with this teaser. The dates and cities for the initial screenings can be found below. The brand is expecting more dates and locations to be added in the near future along with specific venues.
Additionally, the brand is looking for ski clubs, universities, and venues around the world to host screenings of “Roots” with no cost to the host. For “The Collective,” over 450 screenings were held in 30 different countries. If you are interested in hosting a screening, you can sign up here.
The Faction Collective’s ‘Roots’ Global Screening Tour
- World Premiere, Annecy, France – October 1, 2, 3, 2021
- Salt Lake City, Utah – October 5, 2021
- Paris, France – October 13, 2021
- Portland, Ore. – October 14, 2021
- Denver, Colo. – October 19, 2021
- Innsbruck, Austria – October 20, 2021
- Zurich, Switzerland – October 28, 2021
- Seattle, Wash. – October 28, 201
- Additional Locations and Dates – TBA