Summer in the Mountains: Sugarloaf, Maine
From moose safaris to a massive indoor skatepark, there's more to Maine in the summer than the coast.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Maine’s largest mountain resort is ripe with summer adventures, with as much going on above the canopy line as below. Hop on a scenic chairlift ride to get a full 360-degree view of the landscape, or sign on for a zip line tour 20-30 feet above the ground and through Sugarloaf’s lush woods.
Summer Dates: June 15-close
Main Event: Summer Après Series, July 12, July 26, Aug. 16, 2019. Kick back and relax under the sun and celebrate the joys of summer in the mountains. Gather on Main Street in the village for live tunes, good eats, even better drinks, and get into the spirit of summer down east.
Choose Your Own Adventure:
Get a new view of the mountain in bloom on a scenic summer lift ride.
• Grab a trail map and head out on a hike; the resort is snaked with miles of maintained trails including a portion of the Appalachian Trail.
• Try a Segway tour.
• Fly-fish on some of the Northeast’s best-stocked rivers
• Experience whitewater rafting with Northern Outdoors, Maine’s top whitewater outfitter which partners with the resort.
• Test your skills on both the driving range and the golf course, with stunning backdrops, to boot.
• Trade your club for a Frisbee in an 18-hole disc golf course, open all summer long.
• Got kids? Sugarloaf’s Antigravity Complex contains Maine’s largest indoor skate bowl and park, an indoor climbing wall, trampolines, and more.